Massage sound effects
One of the main effects of massage is to be preventative, that is, act as good health and wellness. Today scientists around the world find that massage affects the autonomous (non-volitional drive) nervous system, the hormones that provide quiet release, increases blood circulation and reduces muscle tension.
- Make tense muscles soft and elastic
- Increases blood circulation in muscles
- Preventing occupational injuries and reduce sick leave
- Stronger immune system
- Increases lymph circulation
- Have a relaxing effect on the body and increase general well-being
- Lets stress hormone cortisol reduces
- Release the calming hormone oxytocin
The use of massage in various forms has existed for several thousand years of human history. Concern, stress and massage to relieve, soothe and heal, has been a natural feature of many different cultures.
Swede Per-Henrik Ling, known as the father of Swedish gymnastics, is largely behind the development of modern Western massage. Internationally, he is known as the creator of the so-called Swedish massage (classic massage) which he produced in the early 1800s. Today, Swedish massage most commonly used form of massage in the West.